1. A busy week filled with interviews means little or no sleep. Fatigue and sickness by the weekend.
2. Perennially getting lost on the commute. There’s a trick to it that I follow – leave for your destination 2 hours or 1.5 hours earlier. There’s a time allowance for when you’re led to the wrong places by unassuming bystanders, public utility vehicle drivers, street sweepers and the occasional policeman. If it’s not too crucial, why not do a phone interview?
3. You realize, more so now, that you are in fact alone in managing a news section that you actually want to be above and beyond expectation.
4. There’s still no time for everything, much as you follow time management tips. If people didn’t need sleep…
1. A busy week filled with interviews means at least there’s something to write about.
2. All my sources were very interesting subjects, and each interview led to another story idea worth pursuing.
3. Boyfriend is his batch’s chief nurse. Hurray!